Quality control is a process through which a business seeks to ensure that product quality is maintained or improved and manufacturing errors are reduced or eliminated. It requires the business to create an environment in which both management and employees strive for perfection. This is done by training personnel, creating benchmarks for product quality, and testing products to check for statistically significant variations.
A major aspect of quality control is the establishment of well-defined controls. These controls help standardize both production and reactions to quality issues. Limiting room for error by specifying which production activities are to be completed by which personnel reduces the chance that employees will be involved in tasks for which they do not have adequate training
characteristics Of Quality Control
- The process adopted to deliver a quality product to the clients at best cost.
- A goal is to learn from other organizations so that quality would be better each time.
- To avoid making errors by proper planning and execution with the correct review process.
Quality Control is used in all phases of business but is extremely relevant in engineering and manufacturing in developing systems to ensure products or services. Quality control is used to meet customer requirements and is vital in the manufacturing part of businesses.
Methods Of Quality Control
- Quality Assurance: this method covers activities such as development, design, production, servicing, and production Quality assurance can also cover areas of management production, inspection, materials, assembly, services and other areas related to the quality of the product or service.
- Failure Testing: This method involves testing a product until it fails It can be placed under different stages such as humidity, vibration, temperature, etc. This method will expose the weaknesses of the product in question.
- Statistical Control: almost all manufacturing companies use statistical control. This process involves randomly sampling and testing a portion of the output.
- Company Quality: With management leading the quality improvement process and other departments following, a successful product or service will emerge.
- Total Quality Control: The measures used in cases where sales decrease despite implementation of statistical quality control techniques or quality improvements.
For more related articles on Production, management click here